Legacy Capital Partners is a real estate private equity firm founded in 2004. Our ability to create value and achieve superior returns for our investors rests on five fundamental beliefs:
- 1Investment strategies have a shelf life. That is why we invest with strategies that work now and can be deployed quickly.
- 2It’s all about the fundamentals. We are real estate professionals experienced in finance rather than finance professionals investing in real estate.
- 3Relationships matter. Great investments are made with great partners whose capacity and ethics make all the difference.
- 4Risk is reduced by having a defined and consistent process for how investment opportunities are analyzed.
- 5Managing other people’s money requires strong internal systems and controls. We take our role as a fiduciary seriously.
Middle market real estate investors, deploying capital nationally through a series of focused funds with targeted strategies.
We focus on secondary markets and filter opportunities based on the partner, the location, and the investment’s ability to generate annual yield and capital appreciation.
Individual Investment Offerings
- $3.118 million raised
- 8.3% avg yield, 1.64X equity in 5 years
- 320-unit value-add apartment property
- Mobile, AL MSA
- $1.685 million raised
- 10.3% avg yield, 1.65x equity in 5 years
- 208-unit value-add apartment property
- Tuscaloosa, AL MSA
- $3.4 million raised
- 9.0% avg yield, 1.70X equity in 5 years
- 250-unit value-add apartment property
- Carrboro-Chapel Hill, NC MSA
- $2.55 million raised
- 8.4% avg annual yield, 1.63x equity in 5 years
- 300-unit value-add apartment property
- Denver, CO MSA
- $3.30 million raised
- 8.4% avg annual yield, 1.71x equity in 5 years
- 378-unit value-add apartment property
- Greenville, SC MSA
- $6.00 million raised
- 8.3%+ avg annual yield, 1.53X equity in 5 years
- 424-unit portfolio
- Boynton & Dania Beach, FL
- $3.774 million raised
- 9.0%+ avg annual yield, 1.76X equity in 5 years
- 457-unit portfolio
- Knoxville, TN
- $3.38 million raised
- 8.5%+ avg annual yield, 1.65X equity in 5 years
- 612-bed student housing complex
- University of South Florida (Tampa, FL)
- $3.468 million raised
- 8.1%+ avg annual yield, 1.66X equity in 5 years
- 500-unit apartment complex
- Durham, NC
- $4.39 million raised
- 8.0%+ avg annual yield, 1.70X equity in 5 years
- 424-unit apartment complex
- Miami, FL
- $2.85 million raised
- 8.0%+ avg annual yield, 2.05X equity in 7 years
- 648-bed student housing complex
- Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD)
- $1.96 million raised
- 8.0%+ avg annual yield, 1.75X equity in 5 years
- 354-unit apartment complex
- Atlanta, GA
- $2.73 million raised
- 8.0%+ avg annual yield, 1.69X equity in 4 years
- 400-unit apartment complex
- Birmingham, AL (Grandview Medical Center)
- $4.08 million raised
- 9.0%+ avg annual yield, 1.70X equity in 5 years
- 446-bed student housing complex
- Savannah College of Art & Design (Savannah, GA)
- $1.65 million raised
- 8.0%+ avg annual yield, 1.68X equity in 5 years
- 235-unit apartment complex
- Newnan, GA (suburban Atlanta)
- $1.8 million raised
- 8% avg annual yield, 1.6X equity in 5 years
- 345-unit multifamily community
- Durham, NC (Research Triangle)
Multi-asset Investment Offering
- Portfolio of multiple assets
- $500,000 minimum commitment
- Geographic and Operator diversification
- Current income and capital appreciation
- Learn more about our next 50Fund®
- Initial Closing August 2019
- $40,500,000 raised / $26,489,000 invested as of June 2021
- 5 multifamily assets / 1,313 units
- Total cost basis $204.3 million
- Initial Closing February 2018 / fully invested August 2019
- $61,550,000 raised / $60,522,428 invested
- 18 multifamily assets / 4,046 units
- Total cost basis $519.5 million
- Initial Closing April 2016 / fully invested February 2018
- $50,000,000 raised / $48,684,098 invested
- 18 multifamily assets / 4,470 units
- Total cost basis $498.7 million
- Initial closing 2013 / fully invested 2015
- $39,065,000 raised / $39,756,600 invested
- Nine multifamily assets / 2,598 units
- Total cost basis +$245 million
Our investment process is from the ground up and begins in the trenches, as you would expect from an investment manager with deep roots in real estate development. We strive to reduce the probability of investment errors through a defined sequence of actions; our investment process is the same regardless of fund strategy. It’s what differentiates us from other managers.
Click here to learn more about our process.
“Legacy Capital Partners didn’t set out to create a new asset class, although that may very well be the by-product of our thinking.”
David St. Pierre | Co-Founder and President
There is a real possibility that Legacy Capital Partners’ 50Fund® investment model will change how many investors allocate capital. Fund Managers are constantly told that in order to attract larger investors and raise more capital, they need to raise bigger funds.
At Legacy Capital Partners we believe that bigger funds are not necessarily better. Raising 50 million dollars per fund allows us to systematically deploy capital into focused investment strategies. It eliminates the pressure to chase deals to “get the dollars out.” 50Fund® Investing provides our investors a single stop for deploying significant capital into real estate through a menu of multiple funds with specific strategies designed to take advantage of timely opportunities in the market.
Click here to learn more about Legacy’s next 50Fund®.
A partner with capital, not just a capital partner. The team at Legacy Capital Partners has over 100 years of collective experience in the commercial real estate industry, combining extensive backgrounds in real estate development, management, real estate finance, accounting, and law.
Mitchell C. Schneider
Co-Founder and Chairman
Mitchell brings over 35 years of real estate development and legal expertise to Legacy Capital Partners. After practicing real estate law for approximately five years, Mitchell founded First Interstate Properties, Ltd., in Lyndhurst, Ohio. As the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors, he directed the company’s growth into a full-service real estate development firm that developed over 4.5 million square feet of retail space and recently completed construction of a 20-story, 276-unit luxury multifamily development in University Circle in Cleveland, Ohio. Mr. Schneider also serves as a Special Advisor to the Investment Committee for National Real Estate Advisors, a multi-billion dollar real estate investment fund manager. Mitchell received his J.D. degree, cum laude, from The College of Law at The Ohio State University as well as a B.A. degree, with honors, in International Political Economics, also from Ohio State.
David St. Pierre
Co-Founder and Managing Director
David has focused his entire 29-year career on the real estate debt and capital markets, primarily as an institutional real estate lender and investor on a national basis. He has worked with numerous developers and real estate professionals across the country to provide senior and mezzanine debt and equity capital from his current role with Legacy Capital Partners in addition to his previous management positions at KeyBank and Bank One. Prior to co-founding Legacy Capital Partners in 2004, he was a Senior Vice President and acquisition banker with KeyBank Real Estate Capital’s Private Equity Group. In this capacity, he actively identified, underwrote, structured and closed equity and mezzanine investments in a broad range of properties on a national basis. David received his B.A. degree, cum laude, from Ohio Wesleyan University and his MBA degree from Cleveland State University.